1st Friday & 1st Saturday Devotions
Mar 01, 2016 / Written by: America Needs Fatima
The Best Spiritual Investment
Are you looking for happiness, in this life and the next?
Of course, we all are looking for happiness, but somehow it eludes us. And it will continue to escape our efforts; unless we turn to the source of all life and happiness.
Jesus Christ and His Blessed Mother have made a promise to you and to me. Actually, they have made 13 promises. Each of these divine assurances touch the very core of our being, satisfy the deepest yearnings of our souls. For security, for love, for a sense of purpose. All that we yearn for can be satisfied by making the best spiritual investment ever.
And what is this “Investment Package”? In Catholic terminology, we refer to it as The Nine First Fridays Devotion and The Five First Saturdays Devotion. Our Lord Jesus and the Virgin Mary ask us to “invest” a day or two a month in spending time in prayer with them. In receiving the graces of the sacraments they are inviting us to, those 13 promises will be fulfilled.
I believe that their Two Hearts are calling out to our hearts to be united in one eternal embrace. “Happiness” is just a word we mere mortals use to describe this embrace. Jesus and Mary are reaching out to you this very minute – yes, now as you read this blog post! – and they want to draw you into their loving embrace today.
So I encourage you to wait no longer! Begin to make the best spiritual investment ever. Embark on the journey of a lifetime, a lifetime of true happiness—in this world and the next.
NINE FIRST FRIDAYS DEVOTION
When Our Lord appeared to Saint Margaret Mary in 1673, He promised to grant the following favors to all those who practiced devotion to His Sacred Heart.
12 Promises of the Sacred Heart to St. Margaret Mary:
- I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
- I will give peace in their families.
- I will console them in all their troubles.
- I will be their refuge in life and especially in death.
- I will abundantly bless all their undertakings.
- Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
- Tepid souls shall become fervent.
- Fervent souls shall rise speedily to great perfection.
- I will bless those places wherein the image of my Sacred Heart shall be exposed and venerated.
- I will give to priests the power to touch the most hardened hearts.
- Persons who propagate this devotion shall have their names eternally written in my Heart.
- In the excess of the mercy of my heart, I promise you that my all powerful love will grant to all those who will receive Communion on the First Fridays, for nine consecutive months, the grace of final repentance: they will not die in my displeasure, nor without receiving the sacraments; and my Heart will be their secure refuge in that last hour.
A veritable treasure chest of spiritual gems! And what does He ask of us in return?
How to complete the Nine First Fridays Devotion
On the first Friday of nine consecutive months:
- Receive Holy Communion on each of the First Fridays;
- The nine first Fridays must be consecutive;
- They must be made in honor of and in reparation to His Sacred Heart.
FIVE FIRST SATURDAYS DEVOTION
In December of 1925, Our Lady appeared to Sister Lucia, giving her the following guaranty of salvation for those who complete the First Five Saturdays Devotion:
"I promise to assist them at the hour of death with all the graces necessary for the salvation of their souls."
Why Five Saturdays?
The five first Saturdays correspond to the five kinds of offenses and blasphemies committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary:
- Blasphemies against the Immaculate Conception.
- Blasphemies against her virginity.
- Blasphemies against her divine maternity, at the same time the refusal to accept her as the Mother of all men.
- Instilling indifference, scorn and even hatred towards this Immaculate Mother in the hearts of children.
- Direct insults against Her sacred images.
How to complete the Five First Saturdays Devotion
On the first Saturday of five consecutive months:
- Go to confession;
- Receive Holy Communion;
- Say five decades of the Rosary;
- Keep Our Lady company for 15 minutes, meditating on the mysteries of the Rosary;
- Have the intention of making reparation to Our Lady for the offenses listed above.
FREE Sacred Heart Image & Novena Prayer Card
Do you have difficulties and anxieties? Do you sometimes worry about the future? Well, Our Lord came to give you comfort and consolation; just look into His eyes in this unique image. Order yours today!
FREE Five First Saturdays Devotion Card
The devotion of the Five First Saturdays, comes to us straight from heaven! Order your Free Devotional Card today!