Family Tip: Enthronement of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Jun 01, 2016 / Written by: America Needs Fatima
"To restore all things in Christ" —Saint Pius X
This devotion was introduced to the world by Fr. Mateo Crawley-Boevey with approval of several popes such as St. Pius X, Benedict XV and Pius XI. Fr. Mateo, a priest from Chile, traveled the world, including the United States, in 1940.
Benefits of this devotion
Our Lord’s promises:
- “I will bless every place where an image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored.”
- “I will give them all the graces necessary for their state in life.”
- “I will establish peace in their families.”
- “I will comfort them in their trials.”
*The above promises were taken from the 12 promises made by Our Lord to St. Margaret Mary Alocoque in 1673.
How to make it happen:
- Obtain a beautiful picture or statue of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
- Ask your priest to come to enthrone the Sacred Heart in your home.
- Note: In the event a priest is not available, there may be a lay member or “promoter” in charge of this apostolate in your parish. Even the father or mother of the house may lead the prayers in this simple, yet powerful, ceremony.
- If possible, make this a special occasion by inviting some of your friends and family.
This will help others pick up the same idea for their own homes.
- Print up the prayers for the participants to follow. (click here for prayers)
- Prepare some refreshments for after the Enthronement ceremony.
The steps in the ceremony are:
- An opening hymn or prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus;
- An explanation of the meaning of the Enthronement;
- The blessing of the image or statue of the Sacred Heart by the priest;
- Placement of the image of the Sacred Heart in a place of honor in the home;
- The Act of Consecration to the Sacred Heart;
- A closing hymn (optional).
Family Tip: Secrets to Joyful Parenting
Family Tip: 11 These 10 secrets to joyful parenting are not easy steps, by any means. But with frequent recourse to the sacraments – especially confession and Holy Communion – you will achieve what so many others only hope for.
Family Tip: 10 "Nevers" of a Good Parent
Family Tip 12: Ten things parents should avoid when raising children. Adapted from Raoul Plus, S.J.’s Christ in the Home.